What We Do
MBA Apply is a personalized, no-nonsense admissions consulting service designed to help you get into the world's top business schools of your choice.
Whether you are a banker or NGO professional, consultant or military officer, engineer or brand manager, international globe trotter or All-American, or someone who has taken an unconventional career and life path -- MBA Apply can help you put together strong, cohesive applications that effectively convey who you are as an individual (and not just another worker drone), why your accomplishments are important to you, and how an MBA will help you fulfill your future ambitions.
As you are probably aware, the competition to get into the world's top programs is intense. Moreover, you have probably read countless articles and discussion forums providing conflicting advice about the key factors for admission and whether you have what it takes to get in.
So what are business schools looking for in the application? In essence, business schools are seeking students that have demonstrated a strong potential to become leaders within their communities -- large or small. To effectively lead involves a combination of the following attributes:
- an aptitude for solving problems in real-world and academic settings;
- an empathy for diverse viewpoints and circumstances, which is essential for being an effective leader and team player,
- a sense of forward momentum and progress in their careers and extracurricular interests, and
- a strong sense of one's values and priorities.
These attributes are precisely what all business schools are looking for when evaluating applications. This is why there are no absolutes when it comes to GMATs, college grades, work experience, and so forth. MBA Apply can assess your individual situation and help you tailor applications that are uniquely yours -- and thus separating yourself from the rest of the jargon-laden and canned responses common in thousands of applications.
Contact MBA Apply now.
Alex Chu, Founder
MBA Apply was founded by Alex Chu, a Wharton MBA graduate. His clients have gotten admissions to virtually all of the top MBA programs. He is also the author of The MBA Field Guide: How to Get In & What to Expect at the World's Renowned Programs.
A native of Canada, Alex has lived in North Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, and on both coasts of the United States and Canada. Prior to MBA Apply, Alex served as the CFO of a venture-backed animation studio in San Francisco, a role in which he was instrumental in raising two rounds of funding and helping lead the company towards profitability. In addition, he previously worked as an investment banker in the Equity Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions groups at a global investment bank.
Alex holds a Master of Business Administration from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a Bachelor of Arts from Queen’s University at Kingston. He currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
News & Announcements
Free MBA Fair
The Economist's Which MBA? Online Fair -
February 5th, 6th and 8th, 2014
- Meet MBA admissions officers from programs around the world at this free online fair
- Chat with alumni, join webinars, watch videos and download resources
Sign up or learn more at:
Sign up now for your chance to win a free iPad Air when you visit 5 or more school booths on February 5th, 6th and 8th, 2014
ACCESS MBA One-to-One MBA Events in New York City on March 6th, Toronto on March 8th, Montreal on March 10th and Vancouver on March 13th
An unique and customized event format that helps you select the right MBA program:
- One-to-One meetings and workshops with Admissions Directors
- Personalized MBA Orientation
- Interactive MBA conferences
- GMAT advising
- Scholarship opportunities
Among the 100 business schools participating in the ACCESS MBA Spring Tour:
University of Victoria Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, Simon Fraser University Beedie School of Business, University of Western Ontario Ivey Business School, HEC Montréal, McGill University, Queens, Rotman School of Management, HEC Paris, London Business School, INSEAD, University of Chicago Booth, IESE Business School, IE Business School, Northwestern University Kellogg, University of Cambridge, Duke University Fuqua, ESADE Business School, IMD, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Ashridge Business School, Manchester Business School, Rotterdam School of Management, SDA Bocconi, HULT International Business School, Grenoble Ecole de Management, Maastricht School of Management, Henley, EDHEC Business School, Bentley University, Thompson Rivers University.
Free registration* in the city near you here www.accessmba.com
*Places are limited for One-to-One meetings and early registration is recommended.
New - Which MBA? forum
Are you thinking about an MBA or already studying for one? The Economist's new Which MBA? forum allows you to network with fellow candidates, students and editors from around the world. Ask questions on any topic related to an MBA and share tips and business school news. For more details and to join the forum go to: http://www.economist.com/whichmba/forum
The QS World MBA Tour
Secure your place now and get one step closer to your ideal MBA program at The QS World MBA Tour travelling to 20 cities in North America this fall.
Registrants will be able to do the following on the day:
- Speak directly to admissions directors from the world's top b-schools, colleges and universities about all things MBA related
- Apply for over $1.2m worth of exclusive QS scholarships to help fund your education
- Discuss the common do's and don'ts of applications
- Participate in discussions with national and international MBA admissions officers, directors and alums
- Network with fellow applicants and alumni
- Sit in panel discussions with alumni from Harvard, Wharton, Columbia and NYU-Stern
- Attend a GMAT seminar with a leading test prep
- Get all the relevant info about career opportunities after your program
All this and so much more... only at the world's leading MBA fair
The Registration link is: http://tinyurl.com/3mwtktc